The world’s gone mad, hasn’t it? With the majority of us stuck at home doing nothing and running out of money, we’re begging for a project or something that can earn us a bit of dough. Well, if you want to join the writing team of GTN, we’d love to have you on board!
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for motivated individuals with great writing skills that have a knack for finding the fun and unique stories of the industry, as well as taking a unique angle on the hot topics of the day. Ideal candidates will not only be passionate about cars and the surrounding industries, but about engaging the digital community on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook, and other emerging social media platforms.
Basic Qualification Standards
- Detail Oriented
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Passion for cars and surrounding subjects
- Thorough knowledge of the motoring industry
- Ability to adapt to the fast-paced work culture of the editorial team
- Ability to follow instructions
- Active on social media
- Blogging experience
- Video/Multi-media production experience
- Podcasting experience
- Social Media community management experience
Who are you?
You are the person everyone turns to for information on cars and people wonder why you’re not working in the industry right now. You have an outgoing personality and naturally include people into your conversations and social circles.
The compensation will be based on the candidate’s skillset and availability, which basically means, we’ll see what you can do well, how well you can learn and then what you can bring to the table to figure out what the compensation should be. Progression will be available to those who are willing to push beyond what’s expected.
Candidates must follow these basic instructions when submitting applications. Carefully read and edit your application as it is your first and only impression you can make. In one email, include the following:
- Subject Line of email: “Newsdesk – GTN Jobs”
- A paragraph about yourself – interests, hobbies, so forth
- A paragraph detailing your ideas on how you can make GTN better than what it is at the present
- Include sample blogpost of a piece of interesting news you found from the past few days
- Attach a recent resume in pdf form
- Outline your availability
- E-Mail: pitcrew [(at)] grandtournation.com
Applicants who do not follow the instructions above will not receive a response.